Our Free Charting Package
Charts play a fundamental part of forming a trading strategy and our charts are designed to make formulating your strategies quicker and easier.
Our charting package includes:
An extensive range of customisable technical indicators
- There are now 120 base technical indicators. These base indicators can be used to create custom indicators. For example, it is possible to create a technical indicator that is the Moving Average of the Upper Bollinger Band, quickly via a point and click interface.
- Custom indicators can be built with features such as add, multiply or get the highest high price over a period of time and then apply that to price data or other technical indicators.
- Chart settings and normal or custom indicators can be shared with friends.
Free Email or MSN Alerts
- You can set up alerts from our charts so that you will be emailed or alerted via MSN whenever a pre specified condition is met. So for example, if a price breaks through a trend line you’ve drawn or if a technical analysis crossover occurs, you can be instantly alerted so that you don’t miss a potential trading opportunity. With no complex coding or programming required, you can set up alerts quickly and easily.
- Set up your own rules
- The alerting functionality now supports new trigger types and all alert triggers can be applied to any indicator or price.
- Trendline alerts can now be created on technical indicators on secondary charts.
- Alerts can be checked on the interval close or on each tick during the interval.
- Alerts can be grouped in varying sequences and after they are created, they can be displayed on the chart.
- View a help video on how to reactivate your alerts here
Free Back Testing Tools
- Use the back testing functionality to see how certain price movements or other historical technical analysis conditions have performed. This way you can see whether a strategy that you are interested in had been successful or unsuccessful in the past.
- Backtest provides a quick summary of the performance with a tearaway chart for detailed analysis of the strategy.
- All backtest trade events are analysed graphically, displaying highest highs and lowest lows while the trade was open, to help visualise optimum stop and limit values.
- Each backtest alert or trade event is displayed on an interactive chart to help refine entry and exit trading strategies.
- Backtests can now be shared with friends.
Improved user interface
- Enhanced navigation
- A ‘snap to high/low’ feature for drawing lines
- Charts are built in Flash rather than Java
To guide you through the charts, we offer a number of interactive tutorials. Just click on the ‘help’ button whilst using the charts: